No products in the cart.
Deep wave extensions are becoming more and more popular.Everyone is looking for those deep bold waves that don’t tangle or get really frizzy. Truth is this hair requires a lot of maintenance to prevent the tangling and fizziness. Although the good quality deep wave extensions will not mat up they will tangle but they should be easy to detangle with water and conditioner.
ALL DEEP WAVE EXTENSIONS WILL TANGLE WITHOUT THE PROPER CARE!
What is the best way to maintain your deep wave extensions you ask? Well I have a few tips for you.
1. This is human hair! This means that it will require conditioning, moisture, and curl defining products to look its best and stay healthy.
2. No product build up! Wash extensions as necessary because allowing products to build on the hair week after week will weigh the hair down and will not allow the curls to be as bold. Be sure to comb hair out before washing to prevent tangling and wash the hair in a downward motion and allow the water to run down the hair from the root to the end.
3. Wide tooth comb! Most people use paddle brushes for their extensions but it is better to use a wide tooth comb for deep wave extensions to prevent from breaking all of the waves up. Also remember to always comb from the ends and work your way up to prevent damaging the hair and causing shedding.
4. Bedtime! Be sure to twist your bundles in 2-3 big 2 strand twist and cover with a satin bonnet to prevent the moisture from leaving the bundles and prevent tangling while sleeping. Of course if you have a wig just neatly place it on your wig stand or head.
These are just a few tips for maintaining deep wave bundles on a day to day basis.
How to get a healthy glossy deep wave look in 3 simple steps:
1. Take a water bottle and damp the hair all over. DO NOT DRINCH THE HAIR IN WATER. Hair should not be dripping water. Be sure to get the ends and the roots.
2. Apply leave-in conditioner or curl definer. I personally love “As I Am” products or “Aunt Jackie’s”. Apply to ends and work your way up. Also apply to the roots to be sure the hair does not frizz at the top.
3. Take your fingers or a wide tooth comb and starting from the ends, run your fingers or the comb through the hair and work your way up. You may also scrunch the hair after combing it to help define the curls.
Check out our Deep Wave bundles, closures, and frontals.
Until next time,
Queen Melanin Extensions